Daily home deliveries have become routine for countless people thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You appreciate the benefit of having packages dropped at your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages on your doorstep are enticements to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These devices are effective tools to dissuade package theft, but they provide significantly more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to become an integral facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Jackson video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to progress. You now have the ability to implement detection zones, talk to people in front of your door, and receive instant updates whenever a package is dropped off.
The simplest way to find out how a Jackson video doorbell camera works is to look at the numerous perks it can provide. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging burglary with audible and visual warnings. This is an effective way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your entry and boxes on the surface below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage at any hour: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the purpose of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will provide amazing HDR resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can receive automatic alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and deliveries.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your front door? Two-way audio lets you inquire about why they’re there. You can even utilize this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see current and saved video straight from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s occurring, and even allow you to communicate with the person at your door. These devices have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.