Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Jackson smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home’s security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in complete command of your Jackson home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get started.
What can you do with the Vivint Smart Hub in Jackson?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides complete remote access and control via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved video streams from any linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Jackson by implementing schedules or creating rules. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by following the instructions above. You will then need to verify you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Jackson
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add or remove a user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, tap email or phone and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, simply navigate to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Jackson security system. Dial (601) 607-9990 to learn more.