Tips to cut down on false alarms in Jackson
False alarms can be a real issue for your home’s security. Not only do they lower the confidence you have in your alarms, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you can do some things to minimize false alarms from your Jackson security system.
To begin, make sure that all components are connected correctly. This process may seem like a no-brainer, but it frequently happens that simple mistakes lead to false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on possible sources of false alarms, such as a back door that could be kept open inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the extra options like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Jackson.
Could it be really that easy? Continue on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Jackson?
When figuring out any concern, the initial step is to review the guidebook. Make sure all devices are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each sensor to make sure it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to ensure that your alarms aren’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Make sure all recently added smart implements are incorporated properly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Contact your customer service agent if you still have issues cutting down false alarms in your Jackson security system. They'll be pleased to dispatch a trained expert to examine your setup.
Check your doors and windows
When your configuration seems to be installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of your residence. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or are any inadvertently ajar? If an entry point stays unlatched, it may trigger an activated sensor. In the event your family consistently fails to close a door, you might want to incorporate a smart lock that secures automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows require additional physical effort, especially if you have someone who prefers to fall asleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it simple to turn off that sensor while still shielding the remainder of the residence.
Home automation is an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Jackson
One of the best ways to minimize the likelihood of false alarms is to include home automation into your home security system. With your security app, you’re able to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly opening a door or window. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Set your home security to disarm whenever your smart lock is activated with the right PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the property, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile alerts when your implements detect unusual movements or require a new battery.
- Pair your system to a smart home speaker, so you can disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Jackson when you get a Vivint smart home system
An enhanced level of control over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint security package, reach out to (601) 607-9990 or complete the following form.