What should you do if your Jackson home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family members – against the many risks you might face, like break-ins, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Jackson home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is often shocking, disorienting, and might provoke panic. Your best bet is to stay level-headed and adhere to these simple tips.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Jackson Sounds
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a security sensor has been tripped. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is simple to say but harder to accomplish when your home security alarm is blasting, and your pulse is beating rapidly. But keeping yourself calm is the best way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to manage the emergency on your own instead allow your monitoring agents and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your family. Your main focus should be your family members and moving them to safety. In the event of a intrusion, this might include proceeding to a designated safe room as far away from points of entry as possible. The intruder was probably already frightened away by the alarm, but it’s always wise to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to exit your residence without delay.
- Remember your cell phone. Most individuals keep their smartphones with them constantly these days, but you could neglect to pick it up during an emergency. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and get notifications through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24/7 Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Jackson goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first move is to verify your alarm, and that includes communicating with you. The procedure they follow is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, when the emergency is of a medical nature, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are dispatched. In the event of an intrusion - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will abide by these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the central command panel. You will typically be required to supply a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t get an answer, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again after emergency personnel are notified.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring agents, don’t fret. Assistance will still be deployed even if you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Jackson
Be prepared for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Jackson from Vivint. Contact (601) 607-9990 to begin designing your home’s security today.